TEXAS GUIDE BY YOUR SIDE™ COMING SOON!! SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE MARCH 15, 2011
Texas Guide By Your Side (GBYS) is a family support program that embodies the mission of Hands & Voices, which is to provide unbiased support to families with children who are deaf or hard of hearing. Families with infants, toddlers and youth (up to 22 yrs old) are eligible to receive services, free of charge, from Parent and/or Deaf/Hard of Hearing Guides.
Guide services to families include:
– Direct parent-to-parent emotional support
– Sharing information and resources in an unbiased manner
– Workshops, trainings, and events for parents and children
– Networking opportunities with other families
– Referrals to other programs that serve deaf or hard of hearing children