REPOST POSITION: Part-Time Sign Language Interpreter
DATE POSTED: April 7, 2014
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open Until Filled
REQUISITION NUMBER: 0000099
Provide sign language interpreting services for students and Lee College personnel.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Provide sign language interpreting services to students and personnel working in conjunction with other full and part-time interpreters. This may include classroom and or lab instruction, extra-curricular activities, tutoring, and meetings or events.
College benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
* High school diploma or equivalent. One (1) to three (3) years of related educational interpreting experience.
* Certification is required either through the state of Texas or the National Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf.
* Skills must reflect fluency in American Sign Language and/or Signed English to maintain effective communication with students and college personnel.
* Texas state certification through the BEI (Board of Evaluators for Interpreters) or the national registry.
* College training in interpreting or American Sign Language preferred.
$17 – $30/hour, Based on Certification Level
Individuals interested in applying for this position must apply online at https://jobs.lee.edu. Contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 281-425-6875 for more information. Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
PO BOX 818
BAYTOWN, TEXAS 77522-0818