Purple Communications Inc. is a leading U.S. provider of video relay services (VRS), text relay services, captioning services, video remote interpreting (VRI), and on-site interpreting services.
Purple offers government and non-profit agencies, educational and medical institutions, SMB and larger enterprise clients, and consumers a wide array of services to meet their different communications needs at home, in the office, and on the go.
Passionate advocates for equal access, the diverse people of Purple are dedicated to developing innovative technologies to provide open communications.
We give people who are Deaf, Deaf-Blind, Hard of Hearing, Speech-Disabled, and have hearing loss — and the organizations who employ them — the freedom to make and receive calls anytime, anyplace, and anywhere.
For more information on Purple’s people, services, and company, please visit us at: http://purple.us; and for career information, please visit: http://purple.us/careers. Follow Purple on Twitter at http://twitter.com/purplecomm and http://twitter.com/purplecareers!
Products and Services
Video Relay Service (VRS), Text Relay (IP-Relay), Caption Telephones, Video Remote Interpreting (VRI), On-Site Interpreting
Purple VRS, IP-Relay, i711, ClearCaptions, Purple VRI, Purple Community Interpreting
Brief summary of duties:
The Outreach Specialist will spend up to 80% of their time making contact in the community in order to obtain customers by educating about Purple Communications products and services. The Outreach Specialist will also be responsible for the installation of products and will ensure the follow up of superb customer service, to ensure customer loyalty.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Installation of endpoint devices
• Aggressively drive revenue growth through superior customer service and product knowledge
• Provide technical support in the field (home residence and large accounts)
• Provide and attend workshops and other local Purple events in the community
• Provide onsite customer service support to the community at call centers – a minimum of once a week
• Training and coaching the field reps
• Educate customers on our service
• Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with customers and the community
• Will manage device inventory to sell to the customers
• Building relationships within the community and with our customers
• Listen to and evaluate customer needs and recommend/develop solutions for customer
• Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
• Knowledge of American Sign Language and Deaf Culture is required
• Active in the community and energetic team player
• Highly motivated, honest and committed
• Knowledge of, and experience with, providing technology support
• Comfortable with teaching others
• Effective teaching and communication skills
• Able to produce reports regarding installation, feedback, etc
• Good time management skills
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of customers
• Strong presentation skills
• Troubleshooting any issue that may arise
• Computer and Software literacy
• Experience with any other video phone devices
• Welcoming and enthusiastic personality
• Is self-assured and confident in a variety of settings. Has a strong belief in own capabilities.
• Able to work a variety of hours/shifts
• Able to travel up to 80% as needed
Employees may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time:
• Sitting, standing and walking (95-100%)
• Keyboarding (40-60%)
• Viewing computer monitor, videophone, and pager requiring close vision (40-60%)
• May be required to set up at events, requiring balance and lifting up to (50 pounds), and may lift or move boxes (up to 10 pounds)
Work is performed in a business office environment. Travel to company, customers and vendor sites, including some that are out of state is required.
Purple Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Principals only, please