Communication Axess Ability Group (CAAG) is inviting resumes for the position of VRS Customer Care & Outreach Specialist located in our Houston, Texas office.
The purpose of the VRS Customer Care & Outreach Specialist is responsible for providing customer care and outreach services for CAAG’s Video Relay Service department. The qualified candidate works with persons who are deaf, hard of hearing and/or those who use Video Relay Services.
The position reports directly to the Senior Manager of Video Interpreting Services alongside close collaboration with the Manager of Marketing and Outreach Services.
Essential Functions & Duties:
- Provide support and customer services to Customer Care line
- Address VRS consumers’ questions, comments, complaints, concerns, and technical issues
- Register VRS consumers and create/maintain systems to track consumer records
- Conduct VRS platform installations as directed
- Engage with marketing and outreach efforts through calls, e-mails, social media, etc.
- Attend VRS community, marketing, and outreach events by representing our VRS department
- Recruiting VRS consumers
- Provide support to VRS Interpreters in addressing VRS consumer issues
- Provide support to VRS Management Team as well as Marketing & Outreach Management Team
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified VRS Customer Care & Outreach Specialist shall have as a minimum:
- Ability to communicate effectively in a conversational mode utilizing various forms of manual communication including American Sign Language (ASL) as well as other prevalent sign systems
- Knowledgeable of Video Relay Services, FCC regulations, as well as company policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of Deafness, Deaf Culture, and Deaf Community
- Ability to work effectively in teamed situations
- Good written and interpersonal communication skills
- Minimum of high school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Associate’s degree
- One year of customer service experience
Location: Houston, Texas
Status: Regular, Full-Time (40 hours)
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience, with an excellent benefits package.
Expected Start Date: TBD; Open until filled
Resumes will be accepted until Wednesday, February 11, 2015. Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org