REPOST POSITION: Full-Time Sign Language Interpreter (Part-time see below)
DATE REPOSTED: April 7, 2014
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open Until Filled
REQUISITION NUMBER: 0000387
Provide sign language interpreting services for students and Lee College personnel.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide sign language interpreting services to students and personnel working in conjunction with other full and part-time interpreters. This may include classroom and/or lab instruction, extra-curricular activities, tutoring, and meetings or events.
• Work in cooperation with the Lee College Interpreter Mentoring Program.
• Assist, in conjunction with the Counselor for Students with Disabilities, with training/support services for faculty, staff, and students.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Act as a liaison to Disability Services, students, and faculty.
• Assist with the development of a video tutorials/language library for interpreters/students and maintain the resources.
• Assist with registration, testing, and note taking services for students with disabilities.
• Perform general office duties for Disability Services.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
• High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
• Certification either through the State of Texas or the National Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf
o Know and maintain the standard of ethics set by BEI of Texas/RID
o Maintain current certification
• One (1) to three (3) years of related educational interpreting
• Must be willing to work flexible hours based on students’ schedules and registration requirements
• Ability to work nights
• Ability to work as part of a team
Starting salary range of $29,975 – $32,973 is based on the Lee College Classified Staff Salary Scale, B22.
Initial salary is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Individuals interested in applying for this position must apply online at https://jobs.lee.edu. Contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 281-425-6875 for more information. Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
PO BOX 818
BAYTOWN, TEXAS 77522-0818