All interested applicants need to complete an agency application and forward to Robbie Arrington at email@example.com.
TITLE: Director, Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services (DHHS)
Ensures that the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services program complies with the requirements, rules and regulations of the agency and the funding sources. Ensures that the program operates within contractual obligations and within constraints of the approved budget. Oversees and provides job placement services for all individuals that are deaf and hard of hearing clients. Provides effective case management services to clients including literacy training, job search skill training, advice on the utilization of the job bank resources, appropriate social service referrals, individualized job development activities, and follow-up to ensure that needs relating to securing employment are met. Develops and maintains a network of employer contacts and solicits job leads. Ensures that an interpreter is available for clients on job interviews.
PROGRAM: Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
SALARY RANGE: Grade V
Minimum of bachelor’s degree in the areas of social work, psychology, counseling, or business. Two years of college and related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
A minimum of three years of increasingly responsible positions in the delivery and management of social service programs. Experience with individuals that are deaf and hard of hearing individuals in the areas of job placement, social work, vocational rehabilitation, or counseling is preferred. Other areas of preferred experience includes teaching, training, job development or case management. Fluent in American Sign Language.
– Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a highly cooperative member of a team to develop and accomplish department and agency goals.
– Ability to communicate well in writing. Excellent case documentation, report writing, and organizational skills.
– Ability to conduct workshops and interact with clients using American Sign Language.
– Knowledge of the Houston job market and current employment trends.
– Working knowledge of the Americans with Disabilities Act, and its impact on employees and job seekers.
– Able to interact effectively with a variety of persons including clients, employers, other social services, and co-workers.
– Must be informed about and sensitive to employment issues and concerns of individuals that are deaf and hard of hearing job seekers.
– Operation and availability of a motor vehicle.
– Plan, organize and supervise all aspects of program services, and ensuring goals and outcomes are met.
– Responsible for the preparation and submission of all required reports in an accurate and timely manner.
– Plan and implement new programs and services to meet client needs as funding resources permit.
– Cooperate and collaborate with other CD&ES programs to ensure maximum utilization of all resources.
– Teach the English Literacy classes for clients.
– Develops the individualized instructional plans to meet students’ academic needs. Review and evaluate students’ progress on an ongoing basis.
– Ensure the development of comprehensive case management services to ensure that clients are properly prepared to engage in a successful job search.
– Ensures that DHHS develop and implement employment plan for each client and to that end, set realistic goals, action steps, and time frames for their successful completion.
– Perform follow-up to determine and document clients’ employment status. Maintain contact with client and employer for 60 days to assist with and document job maintenance.
– Supervises Deaf & Hard of Hearing Services staff.
– Collaborates with Program Director and Development staff in seeking additional funding for Deaf Services programs.
– Represent CRR to companies and organizations in the community to serve as a networking tool for the development of the client base and for job lead contacts.
– Ensure that accurate and thorough documentation of client contacts and services.
– Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISOR: Director, Employment Services
Rev. by V. Swisher 8/1/12
Career & Recovery Resources, Inc.
A United Way of Greater Houston Agency
2525 San Jacinto
Houston, TX 77002