The Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities is sponsoring Free Tax Preparation for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing! DeafTax VITA – Free Tax Preparation for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing! February 1, 2011 – April 14, 2011
**Must have an annual income of $49,000 or less in 2010**
• IRS Certified VITA volunteers will prepare the tax returns.
• Both federal and state income tax returns will be prepared.
• Videophones will be provided to participating VITA site allowing the taxpayer and volunteer to communicate in real-time.
• The service will be available from February 1 to April 14, 2011.
• Individuals and families earning $49,000 or less without business income are eligible for this service.
• Locations: Lillian Beard Deaf Connection Center (9920 Long Point, Houston, TX 77055) and Career and Recovery Resources (2525 San Jacinto St., Houston, TX 77002)
• By Appointment Only (call Kaitlyn Tracy at 281-936-0770 (VP) to make an appointment)
• What is the cost? FREE
What to bring:
• Social Security cards for everyone listed on tax return.
• Two forms of ID for primary taxpayer and spouse (one must be photo ID.)
• Birthdates of all individuals to appear on return.
• All W-2s and 1099s and any other income reporting documents.
• Documentation for all deductions and/or credits claimed, i.e. education credits.
• Documentation supporting a claim to a dependency exemption (for example, Form 8332 or Form 2120)
• Day care provider’s identifying number and receipts (if applicable)
• Bank routing and account numbers for direct deposit
• A copy of last year’s federal and state returns (if available)
February 1 – April 14, 2011
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY!
Lillian Beard Deaf Connection Center
9920 Long Point
Houston, TX 77055
Career & Recovery Resources, Inc.
2525 San Jacinto St.
Houston, TX 77002
For more information, please contact Kaitlyn Tracy at Kaitlyn.Tracy@houstontx.gov or 281-936-0770 (VP)