I am excited to offer you that I will teach Deaf Self Advocacy Training class starting February 3, every Thursday nights from 6:30pm-8:00pm. Basically we will do-
– Jeopardy Game (Tv style) ADA – we will discuss about ADA law and how we understand how rights for communication access
– How we address the business we need an interpreter for effective communication
-if the doctor or business say the interpreter cost too much – how we explain to the business proper way why the interpreters can be costly
– did you know the interpreters have rules – professional rules how to behave and respect you as consumers- and you have a right to ask the interpreter what is their name, their certification level, etc.
– when the business or doctor say no they refuse to provide you an interpreter, what should we do?!
– are you prepared to talk the doctors or business if they say no.
many more issues.
COME TO THE CLASS and we will have fun!
THE FOOD WILL BE PROVIDED AT THE END OF THE CLASS! (yumyum)