Responsible for the Jesse H. Jones Computer and Technical Center. Teaches computer competency skills to adults who are deaf and hard of hearing to augment existing literacy skills. To apply for this position, you must be computer literate which includes the following requirements:
- » Advanced degree in IT. Fluent in ASL. Texas Teacher’s Certificate or equivalent state teacher certification and interpreter certification preferred.
- » High level of computer proficiency within Windows environment, including word processing,
spreadsheets, and databases.
- » Ability to teach reading, writing and math, using computer and other technology.
- » Fluent in ASL and other sign systems.
- » Intimate knowledge of deafness and deaf culture.
- » Demonstrated advanced knowledge of current business application software.
- » Ability to plan and organize work in a time efficient manner.
- » Ability to work as a team member.
- » Ability to represent agency in a professional manner.
- » Excellent written and communication skills
- » Excellent interpersonal skills.
- JOB DUTIES:
- » Provide instruction in basic reading, writing and math skills in computer lab. Provide instruction in other areas, such as social studies, and science.
- » Provide instruction in computer software for those students interested in and showing aptitude for word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- » Maintain records and complete reports on time.
- » Develop individualized instructional plans to meet students’ academic needs. Review and evaluate students’ progress on an ongoing basis.
- » Develop and implement culturally-appropriate assessment and evaluation of students.
- » Maintain student documentation consistent with funding and program guidelines.
- » Develop or adapt materials appropriate to the academic level of the students.
- » Plan and implement a formalized computer literacy program with specific to track client progress.
- » Assist clients in learning to use the computer for job searches.
- » Other duties as assigned.
If interested please contact Kelly Reagan or fill out the forms below: